Wednesday 04.22.09

Happy Earth Day! Please enjoy these beautiful photos of our planet.

Photo by Graham
"Taken at the Klondike wind farm off of I-84, milepost 105. Seems like we need to be doing more to keep the earth in shape for the next generations, and using mother nature is a good idea."

Photo by Kevin
"Found this while working in my yard...this is shortly before it jumped on me and I ran around screaming like a little girl."


Photo by Katie
"I chose this photo - of the flowers, stream, and plastic bottle - because it has an Earth Day theme. I like the way the tree is almost swallowing the bottle."


Photo by Nita
"Earthlings... Creating more earth from compost!"

Photo by Erica
"Flowers at the Lamberton Conservatory in Rochester, NY."


Photo by Celina
"Mushrooms are amazing decomposers and quite tasty. If we didn't have fungi, our forests would suffocate with organic dead matter. Be sure you know your mushrooms before you eat them! ( Missoula, MT)"



Photo by Nicole

"Zion National Park. The waterfall comes from the top of one of the 1500 ft redrock cliffs."


Next week's theme is: PORTRAITS.