Wednesday 06.25.09

Happy Wednesday! This week's theme was HOME. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised at how varied my photo submissions are for each week, and sometimes I'm shocked how similar they are. You'll have to take a look at this week's first and last photos to see what I mean. This isn't the first time I've had something like this!
Enjoy these photos of HOMES.


Photo by Nita
"Home tweet home

We witnessed the diligence of nest building which always amazes me. Then mama bird appeared and sat and sat and sat in her new home. Alas, she abandoned it and I discovered the proverbial empty nest! We'll never know the fate of the family and property values are declining!"


Photo by Connie

"Home is Sunday morning breakfast when my husband gives me a break. And dirty dishes always lurk in the sink. Yeah, that's home."
Photo by Pat
"People probably don’t think much about the stories that old barns could tell. With fond memories of times with my cousins in the barn at my grandparents’ ranch, I know there are stories of horses romping and getting saddled, cows mooing and being milked, spiders creeping, children playing, bats squeaking, hay smelling fresh in the summer heat."


Photo by Jim - The Concerned Photographer
"HOME... More or LESS"

Photo by Katie

"My favorite place is the state park in my hometown. When I was in elementary school, my mom and I went there to watch my brother's cross country meets, and then I ran there myself when I got to high school. One day's run took you on a journey through falling light, and one season took you from the bright golden end of summer, thick with grass and bees, to the silver chill of November. After we graduated and moved away to college, my friend and I would come back in the park to run together over the summer. I took this shot last summer, when I came home for two weeks in between finishing grad school and moving for my new job. The park is a little different each year - with new plants growing over old paths, or a rebuilt picnic table - but it's always home. To me, it's the most beautiful place in the world."





Photo by Trevor

"My brother's garden in early spring..."


Photo by Brendan

"The penthouse. (Two new robins moved out last week)."
Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos! Next week's theme is: LIGHT. Now that summer is here, the days are longer, the sun bats its beautiful rays in every which way, it's the perfect time for you to get out and snap those photos with interesting light. Send them in to wednesdayphotos@gmail.com.
Thank you!